Virtual appointments are now available for select office visits.
Premier personalized cancer care no matter where you live.
Check-in for Your Virtual Appointment:
For your safety and convenience, our expert team can now see patients through scheduled virtual appointments on a secure platform. Virtual appointments are only available for select office visits and cannot be used for emergency medical care.
Maryland Oncology Hematology strives to provide high quality, advanced treatment to patients in our state.
- Telemedicine enables our physicians to connect directly with patients who need highly specialized care, even if they live many miles away from the physicians’ offices and clinics.
- With telemedicine, patients across Maryland have access to our extensive and diverse expertise and more treatment options, while saving time and expense by limiting travel to a distant treatment facility.
- It also offers patients options to visit with their doctor when traveling to the clinic is not ideal. Travel to the clinic may not be ideal because either the patient is at risk or the patient may live in a community at risk.
Telemedicine does not completely eliminate the need for patients to travel for certain aspects of treatment and in-person doctor visits.
In light of the coronavirus epidemic, Maryland Oncology Hematology implemented telemedicine services to many of our doctors to allow them to evaluate patients that have infectious risk without bringing them in to the clinic.
- It also allows us to continue to actively follow our regular patients while keeping our clinic volumes low.
- We will use this platform for the routine care and follow up of our patients who are not on active treatment, as this allows us to serve them and address their needs while they are at home.
- We will use this platform to support our patients who are on active treatment.
For more information, and to find out if your appointment is appropriate for a telemedicine capability, contact your Maryland Oncology Hematology location for more information.