Comprehensive Treatment from Our Team of Breast Care Experts
at Maryland Oncology Hemotology
Breast cancer and other breast diseases often require treatment from many different specialists and medical professionals. Maryland Oncology Hematology brings together the most advanced treatment therapies, diagnostic technologies, breast care experts and comprehensive supportive care, providing a total treatment program.
Our multidisciplinary team of breast specialists is comprised of recognized experts in breast surgical oncology, medical and radiation oncology, diagnostics, pathology, genetic risk evaluation and supportive care―all collaborating to deliver unparalleled continuity of care. This unique integrated care model reduces patient stress, makes care more efficient and ensures our breast patients achieve the best possible results. From diagnosis to survivorship, we’re by your side every step of the way.
From diagnosis to treatment to recovery, we can help patients every step of the way.
- Diagnostic and treatment services for non-cancerous breast conditions such as dense breast tissue, nipple discharge, atypia, inflammatory lesions and adenosis.
- Advanced surgical procedures including breast-conserving lumpectomy, nipple-sparing and skin- sparing mastectomy, lymph node surgery, oncoplastic surgery, and reconstructive surgeries.
- Onsight diagnostic imaging including PET and CT to assist in evaluation and treatment planning
- Medical oncology experts for chemotherapy, hormone therapy and immunotherapy treatments.
- Radiation oncology team with access to leading-edge technology and treatments like Intensity- Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT), Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), and brachytherapy.
- Supportive care addressing emotional, financial and nutritional needs of patients.
- Clinical trials providing access to promising new therapies for breast cancer.
- Genetic testing and counseling to help identity risk for hereditary cancers and to create more personalized treatment strategies.
- Resources for second opinions for patients and their referring providers.
- Survivorship programs to support patients after their treatment ends.
Maryland Oncology Hematology Breast Surgery Services: Unsurpassed expertise in advanced surgical procedures
Choosing a Breast Surgery Specialist
Surgeons play a critical role in breast cancer treatment, and choosing your breast surgeon may be one of the most important decisions you will make concerning your care. Since breast cancer treatment frequently begins with surgery, surgical outcomes pave the way for the treatment to follow. That’s why it is extremely important to choose a highly qualified and experienced surgeon who specializes in breast cancer surgery.
Many surgeons occasionally operate on breast cancer, typically handling only a few cases a year. However, when it comes to breast cancer surgery, practice makes perfect. Research shows that patients who have surgeries done by physicians who perform a high volume of breast cancer surgeries have a better prognosis than patients of lower volume surgeons. Surgeons who specialize in breast cancer have dedicated their professional careers to the disease, performing hundreds of breast cancer surgeries every year. With years of rigorous training and education focused on breast disease, they have an in-depth knowledge of cancer biology, genetics and the most advanced surgical options to help patients achieve the best possible results.
Cynthia Plate M.D. F.A.C.S
Silver Spring - White Oak Cancer Center
Surupa Sen Gupta M.D.
Rockville - Aquilino Cancer Center